You replaced your eyes with camera lenses,yes you!

I wish we had this much fun for real

Have you ever looked at a concert's video or that of any fun place and felt like" God! I wish I was there!" So lemme tell you it won't make a pie difference even if you were there.  I'll tell you how.

Yesterday,I went to a haldi function.But it felt more like I was at some shooting site.
There was a cameraman to film the function "professionally". Everything was being done as he was directing. The bride was entering,with her cousins holding the "Dupatta"above her and she returned and did the entry atleast 3 times to get the perfect shot. "Phir se aaiye aur yahan aa kar ghum jayega,tum left jao aur tum right,haan ab thik h" And one cameraman wasn't enough,every other person's phone camera was ON the whole  time . It was not us who were making videos but the uncles and Aunties.And yes my Parnani (great grandmother) She was giving stiff competition to the cameraman with her phones camera.That may sound weird to you but actually the old people in my family have updated themselves a lot like I am pretty sure some of my mother's uncles use snapchats too.Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing; probably both but definitely funny.

 That rasm where people come and apply haldi on the bride's face,then also everything was happening as the cameraman was saying."Haan chahra pe haldi lagate hue smile kijiye,Itna zyada nahin,thoda sa"..Unlike any haldi function,I have attended since I was a child,This was the first one where nobody was running after their friend with haldi in their hands nor were the aunties singing any geet.The whole attention was on filming.While we were going back,my mother was complaining 'bout it.She was saying that it was much better in her times,there was nobody busy with their camera.
Everybody used to enjoy the moment,live it fully. People used to sing, The traditions were so much fun but now..I couldn't disagree with her.


I said it's the trend today.That's how it happens. Keeping in mind,how much has making videos got 'important' these days,every function should be done twice. So that it can be filmed nicely for the first time and maybe enjoy fully in the later. Everything is done for the sake of posting in social media these days."Guys!I am eating,Guys!As you can see I'm getting married,Now I feel like I'm about to die"#Idead 
And just think for a while,When you see your photo as a child or a family album doesn't that make you nostalgic?And make you recall those moments,those times.You won't like that photo or video to get lost.Its not because of the photo but the memories that is attached to it,that makes it precious.But these days,The photos and videos have become everything.You Don give a damn if you are enjoying the moment,you just want the perfect photo with perfect lightning.But when you'll see that after a long time,what will you reminisce?That how much struggle you did to get this look aesthetic and what else?


So as I had said in the beginning,it won't make a difference even if you were physically present at that very concert or your favourite place. Because most probably you'd be busy getting the 'aesthetic' photos for your insta or something. Basically you'd see the place behind camera lenses like you are doing now.So Isn't that the same?


It would be much better if we again start seeing the thing before us with our eyes and not behind camera's lense.


Comments

Popular Posts